Sunday, August 30, 2020

Long Time No Word from Me


 August 30, 2020

To those of you who have been trying to keep up with me regarding my Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma challenge I issue an apology. If you recall my last entry, I wrote about the monitoring of my CAR T transfusion by my OHSU doctors. The first 30 days ended August 7, and I was scheduled to meet with my Oncologist on the 12th to discuss how the CAR T was working based on what a CT scan revealed. Due to a Kaiser and OHSU contract conflict that meeting and scan had to be rescheduled. I received a CT scan Tuesday, August 25, and met with my Oncologist, August 27.

The results of the CT scan revealed no change for the stomach mass where the B cell(s), which is the aggressive form of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and a couple new nodules on my liver. This was not good news. My oncologist shared they cannot tell if the T cells are gone or just sluggish meaning they haven't started working yet or the B cell mass is effectively hiding. 

My oncologist suggested several treatment options most involved chemotherapy. We decided a biopsy was the next best step. My oncologist said he needed to consult with my Kaiser oncologist to see what can be worked out.

So, I am in waiting mode awaiting word from Kaiser.

I feel good. Energy levels are improving. I am dealing with neuropathy in my toes and water retention in my ankles(cankles). 

Waiting is.

 

No comments: