Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Bike Ride in a month

I rode my basic Ride Around the Block (RAB) route (14.3 miles) in exactly an hour, which is not bad for being inactive for exactly a month. Last half of the ride I would feel a twinge from one of the ribs when I moved in just the right way.
First mile or two felt like an experiment. Can I do this? Do I remember how? After I crossed San Juan which is about a mile or less from our house and is one of the major boulevards I must cross when doing my RAB I began to feel confident the muscles remembered and the brain was catching on.
I rode the infamous corner, the La Casa De Los Gobernados corner, only in the opposite direction this time. The corner presents as more dangerous in today's direction as there are a couple of dips and a manhole cover to be conscious of. Still I rode through the corner without any new or different experiences.
The next challenge is to experience my stretches in conjunction with my healing injuries.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Dennis, thank you for starting this blog. We are keenly interested in your healing and applaud you for taking us all on your journey. much love, Lisa and Jim

Farmer bill said...

Thanks for posting your progress. Back in the saddle again.

Randy Fischer said...

Glad to see you are back on the bike. I can't think of anything that will help you heal faster.

Randy

Dennis said...

I disturbed my ribs and am feeling it the next day.