Sunday, October 3, 2010

Node on Thyroid biopsy tomorrow

I just reread my last entry.  A correction I would like to make is they asked me to walk into the surgical room.  I was not wheeled.

The past few days have been a mix of anger and frustration.  If I would have had sense enough to lie about my accident I would not have to put up with the wound from the insertion of the monitor.  I may be in an incredible state of denial here but life seems like it would be a whole lot easier and more pleasant.  Actually it is 2 wounds as they had to cut into the femoral artery to do the non-diagnostic electro physiological study before the insertion of the heart monitor.  The good news, for me, is the groin injury has not been a bother except when I lean against the kitchen counter just right and I feel it. A whole lot of fabulous colors down there though.

An irony is the amount of shaving of my body hair done and they still missed where the femoral artery area is.  Both tops of my thighs and two adjacent areas on my left hand and wrist were shaved.

So tomorrow is my bioposy to check out the small node on my thyroid.  A fifteen minute operation with a fine needle inserted somewhere in the thyroid area (I'm sure) and I'm outta there.

1 comment:

guzzi guy said...

Here's wishing you the best as you go through all of this. Hopefully it will just be an exercise and nothing bad will be found.