Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 2, 2012 Mehama, OR

July 2, 2012 Mehama, OR

Did the out and back on 22, Jenny, Ferry and Old Mehama Rd., plus up Fern Ridge a bit then turned around and rode back to Gingerbread House to order some dinner. Burger basket stuffed into rear trunk bag stayed warm back to the house. It was a cool evening and I stopped on Old Mehama to add knee warmers and arm warmers. Quite comfortable after. T= 1:20, Mx= 27.6, Av= 14, El Gain= 344 feet, ODO= 2797, D= 18.6,
Rex performed very well. This was longest ride so far. The only customers in the Gingerbread House were 2 couples sitting together. I overheard one of the ladies say something about someone who "refurbished bikes." I turned and looked at the table and she smiled and said something to the effect "we are bikey's too. You are a bicyclist, right?" I smiled and denied. We all laughed as I was obviously dressed like a cyclist. They told me they had been in Salem for the NW Tandem Rally this past weekend. I invited them to see my new bike. One of them knew the Steve Rex name. Said he had a conversation with Steve at a past Tandem Rally. Then the other couple showed me how they got 2 tandems in the back of a Toyota Sienna. A really long car and he bought it because he could get 2 tandems with wheels on in the back. No seats in the back. I rode home with my headlight on although it was not dark yet, just overcast about 8:45. 
Gingerbread House hours are 7 AM to as late as 9:30 PM.
Farm House Store hours are 11 AM to 2 PM. 
Slept until after 10 today. It is currently 12:45. Contemplating riding to Bill and Karen's with a stop at S. Salem Cycle Works for tail lights and water bottle cage cargo containers (2) and a water bottle.


No comments: