Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 8, 2012, Farmer's to Mehama

July 8, 2012, Farmer's to Mehama

Went up Orchard Heights, which summits just below 1000 feet, then down to W. Salem. Route, once I got to Wallace and Front, was a reverse of what I rode last Thursday (more or less). I thought I was going to finish a lot faster than Thursday but in the end it was the same time, 3 hours. T= 3:05, Mx= 42.1, Av= 13.3, El Gain= 1958, ODO= 2940, D= 41.1. No stretch as I stopped to eat at the Gingerbread House. My arrival time there was the same as the other times, 8:30, give or take 10 minutes. Head light and tail light worked well after dinner to the house. Very tired so the rest of the evening was spent relaxing, listening to music.
Sunday began around 7:45 AM so I could wash the pickup, then off to Monmouth for church at St. Hilda's. Arrived shortly after 10. Ann Wynn, my niece, was playing the organ today. 
After church, Ron and Marilyn, treated Jaxom and me to brunch at the Pink House in Independence. Jaxom was supposed to join us at noon but he over slept so didn't arrive until closer to 1. Jaxom ate a burger then he and I visited his grandmother at Heron Pointe in Monmouth.
It was 3 when we arrived at Farmer's. Mike Gies was there to see the new bike and after appropriate oohs and aahs had to leave to make a BBQ at his house in Beaverton. Jaxom stayed until 4:30 then headed home. I left Bill and Karen's around 5:30. Pickup left with them as I will ride back, Monday, to their place fully loaded. A test ride to see how it all works together and a few hours left over to make adjustments if needed. 

No comments: